Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This is only the beginning...

Hello Blogworld,

Welcome to my blog. My name is Shaundon Castonguay. For years I have thought about starting my own blog, throwing my voice out there to enlighten and share my experiences. I am a server by profession, I have been in the industry for six years working my way from the bottom at Johnny Rockets to where I work today at a Michelin rated restaurant called The Plumed Horse in Saratoga, Ca.

As a service professional I come in contact with a multitude of individuals and cultures, some of whom are wonderful diners and some of them who frankly suck. I have always wanted to start a blog to talk from an inside perspective about the service industry, to share my feelings on service and to make people understand that they hold our monetary successes in their hands.

Everyday it seems that my coworkers and myself always start a conversation about food and service, about how people do not understand what it takes to do what we do. We are constantly being hounded to provide an amazing experience, a long-lasting feeling of wonder for something that is intangible. Honestly, it is incredibly difficult to achieve this goal. People in this industry are constantly feeling disrespected and I believe it is because people take a blind eye in trying to see what we are attempting to accomplish. In this blog, I will vocalize my knowledge, through my experiences in the workplace, to my own dining experiences to bestow wisdom to the masses, well to those of you who care to read, how to dine, some places worth dining, and dining etiquette for how to not be a DD (Douchebag Diner).

Thank you for reading,

Shaundon Castonguay

No comments:

Post a Comment